sunnuntai 18. elokuuta 2019

Who made my bag?

I’m Annika, maker and designer behind AnnikaL.Designs.


Been crafting since I was little girl but started sewing after I lost my mother. I wanted to start new hobby to cope with my sorrow and get other things in mind. I wanted to learn sewing because I’m fashion stylist and always loved fashion and clothes.





I did go to sewing class but teaching wasn’t what I expected. Luckily my talented friend gave me private lessons. I started to sew some clothes for myself but after my friend gave me big pile of furniture sample fabrics that were going to be landfill otherwise and I made my first upcycled handbag I was hooked.

If I had known the joy that sewing would give me, I definetly would started a lot sooner. It´s so exciting mixing and matching different colors and fabrics and designing new handbags and pouches.
I started my etsy shop Annika L. Designs because I wanted to give others too a chance to enjoy my bags that are bringing me so much joy. And to give eco- and veganfriendly alternative for everyone bored with mass production.



Materials I use to make my bags are upcycled furniture samples for most part.
Love the fact that they are very durable and don’t pilling fast so it would been such a waste to go landfill. 
It has always been important that I recycle in my personal life too. And Thanks to my mom I have grown up with thrift store adventures and other Slow fashion values. 
I’m vegetarian myself so I don’t want to use real leather in my designs. 



My designs mainly follow the minimalist style but every piece has something eyecathing whether is fabric, buttons, cut etc.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti